Date:Friday April 13 2012
Well, well, well, boys and girls we seem to have all got a bit excited about what this season may bring. It was only a few weeks ago that we were moaning about an early end to all hopes of the play offs and some were even talking about relegation form. Three losses in a row to middling to poor teams will do that.
Since then we've won 5 and drawn one and suddenly find ourselves three points from sixth place and in with a chance.
A win tomorrow and a loss for Carlisle who are hosting champions elect Charlton would see us into the coveted sixth place.
For may of us an extension of excitement for as long as possible is the aim but, hey, why not believe we can get into the play-offs. Most seasons we'd like to think we could finish above Carlisle, Notts County and Stevenage so why not this time.
Here are some reasons from occasional Beesotted contributor, Billy The Bee, of why we should designate this a MASSIVE game and abuse County for 90 minutes:
1. Referee Ray Bigger's 8 minutes of extra time added on for no one still knows what for which enabled County to equalise in the 98th minute and subsequently relegate us from (the old) division one in 1993
2. Gary Owers waddling on his knees behind a vertically challenged Paul Evans in jest as Evans walked off the pitch after bring red carded
3. Lee Hughes. Need I say more
4. Paul Ince's extremely thuggish band of players
5. Mad Dog going completely mental at Rosler this season after he stepped in between a county player and the ball (twice) when he tried to take a free kick near the byline. Rosler got red carded
6. Their claim of being the Manchester City of the lower leagues .. Signing Sven ... Sol Campbell ... Kasper Schmeicel ...
And I'd like to add Stuart Nelson to the list. Let's make his life a misery!
If you need an additional excuse to turn up, a whole load of Brentford 80s stars such as Terry Hurlock, Stan Bowles, Bob Booker, Terry Rowe, Neil Smillie, Paul Roberts, Barry Silkman, Gary Roberts, Barry Tucker plus more are going to the game. They will be inside Griffin Park from 12.30pm onwards for the official 80s book celebration held at the Hive [formerly Stripes].
Everything has gone a bit quiet about any possible team news, injuries etc. but we can assume that Kev won't be playing. Thompson has extended his loan until the end of the season.
Date:Friday April 13 2012
Manny linked with Dons (Friday May 31 2013)
Brentford need a bigger singing section at Wembley (Wednesday May 8 2013)
Mac scores two as Bees win away (Tuesday March 30 2010)
Three all thriller at Colchester (Tuesday March 23 2010)
Mac strike seals three points (Saturday March 20 2010)
Bees 3 Subhuman Scum 3 (Saturday March 13 2010)
Brentford 4 Caravan Club 0 (Saturday February 6 2010)
Leon levels it (Wednesday January 27 2010)
Brentford beaten by canny Canaries (Saturday January 23 2010)
Late goal sinks Bees [updated] (Tuesday January 19 2010)
|6.||Amber Army 2013||15|
|3. Bristol City||0||0||0||0||+0||0|
|Robinson Signs New 12 Month Deal
» Tranmere : 19/06/2013 21:56:00
|Horwood Joins Until 2015
» Tranmere : 19/06/2013 21:50:00
|Foster Signs Two Year Deal
» Tranmere : 19/06/2013 21:46:00
|2013-14 Tranmere Fixtures Released
» Tranmere : 19/06/2013 21:40:00
|Timmins On Interesting Start To The Season
» Tranmere : 19/06/2013 21:31:00
|2013/14 Fixtures: PNE Host Wolves
» Preston : 19/06/2013 21:26:00
|Home Start For Stevenage In 2013-14
» Stevenage : 19/06/2013 21:21:00