Brentford Forum - Squad updates 2016/17
Vital Football

Latest Brentford FC News

Brentford Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Ivan Campo when offered a hamburger by Ricky Shakes - "No, mister, No. This food is for triceratops".
- (Added by: condorman)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Reading v Brentford
Suggested By:
Brentford win0%
Reading win0%
Draw100%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Kentbee4
2.collioure_bee4
3.RebelBee2
4.Spanish Bee1
5.condorman1
6.beerfest1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Squad updates 2016/17
06 July 2016 09:46 Post ID: #37872
Stan Bowles
Summer moves:

Out - Bidwell (QPR)

In - Egan, Bentley, Sawyers

Squad:
Button, Bonham, Bentley, Colin, Clarke, Dean, Bjelland, Barbet, O'Connor, Egan, Yennaris, McCormack, McEachran, Woods, Kershbaumer, Macleod, Saunders, Judge, McLeod, Gogia,
Sawyers, Vibe, Hogan, Hoff, (Jota)

We obviously need a LB and I think one more attacking option could be useful, possibly one with a bit of pace. We've talked previously about holding midfielders but there are a LOT of players in that squad who can occupy central positions
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
06 July 2016 10:18 Post ID: #37873 - in reply to #37872
Interesting when you list it out like that, it is looking decent. Other than the LB i'd love to see some pace / width added. A player like Dallas would fit brilliantly in this squad, or dare I suggest Jota? Perhaps Gogia will really come off and solve that problem, i'm a bit doubtful but it's possible. Dreamland would be another forward to go with the LB & wide pacy runner. So 3 more in tops.
Like post
Like this post
06 July 2016 10:31 Post ID: #37874 - in reply to #37873
Stan Bowles
if you look at it in terms of last year's squad, our two loanees were attacking midfielders - Swift and Canos. Plus we also had Judge.

You could argue that Sawyers replaces one of them, so I would imagine that Smith will be looking at bringing in at least one more player in this area (I'm sure we've all heard Dack and Roofe linked, although I think they would be expensive). Then maybe a loanee to plug the gap until Judge is fit - although a fit McLeod or an improved KK could potentially do this anyway.

Smith has also hinted that he might look at different formations, so I guess width could come from wingbacks or similar with more creative central players.
Like post
Like this post
06 July 2016 10:38 Post ID: #37875 - in reply to #37872
I think and hope Sawyers will help us to provide more quality passing into the forwards, our risk/reward football requires real care with the final ball in the attacking 3rd. At times last season we lost it cheaply when trying to find the eye of a needle pass, although very talented Swift was often guilty of this.

I guess we'll see Button move on, plus perhaps one current squad player?
Like post
Like this post
06 July 2016 16:56 Post ID: #37878 - in reply to #37872
Stan Bowles
I suspect Button will move. The signing of Bentley forces the agenda one way or the other re him not signing a new contract. Leeds rumoured to be interested, I think he could do better (prospects, if not salary)

Yes I suspect we will see one or two leave. Be interesting to see if Egan gets in above Dean for example, and how HD would react to this. JOC might be out on a loan perhaps.
Like post
Like this post
07 July 2016 09:17 Post ID: #37879 - in reply to #37872
Stan Bowles
Smith seems to agree that we need a left back and a bit of width

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brentfo...

Sounds like McLeod is fit and very much part of the plans. Fingers crossed he gets some fitness and form
Like post
Like this post
07 July 2016 10:34 Post ID: #37880 - in reply to #37872
DS knows best of course but seems spot on with is assessment here.

As for Lewis - it would e amazing to see him finally shake off his injury nightmare and show everyone just what he can do. We will need everyone fit and well for the rigors of this season.
Like post
Like this post
10 July 2016 17:06 Post ID: #37883 - in reply to #37872
Stan Bowles
Condor nearly got it right with J O'C going out on loan. It's a permanent loan for money!

As above, a left back and right winger required. I suspect they might both be loanees. A quality defensive midfielder wouldn't go amiss. Does Alan Mac have another season in him? Can Bjellend play there?
Like post
Like this post
12 July 2016 15:35 Post ID: #37893 - in reply to #37872
I'd be interested to know what we got in for JOC, when you see the likes of Roofe moving for millions there seems to be real disparity between some fees and others. JOC had to be worth a bit mnore than we paid for him right?

Regardless it is a bit more in the kitty and he goes to a good club with our thanks, especially for that goal at Fulham. A decent player but in the wrong place at the wrong time I spose.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Brentford Fixtures  >>