Brentford Forum - David Won't Go For Buttons
Vital Football

Latest Brentford FC News

Brentford Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Jimmy Hill - "What makes this game so delightful is that when both teams get the ball they are attacking their opponents goal."
- (Added by: condorman)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Brentford v Burton Albion
Suggested By:
Brentford win0%
Burton win0%
Draw0%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.collioure_bee4
2.Spanish Bee3
3.Kentbee3
4.RebelBee2
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (2): 1
David Won't Go For Buttons
01 August 2016 09:37 Post ID: #37951 - in reply to #37902
Yer I was pleased with DS's post match remarks, a big reality check in advance of our opener up at Hudds. He has a decent squad, and it is his squad now, so the focus is rightly on the head coach. I felt we stumbled on something that worked at or just after the Forest game last term, I have this minor worry that the more resources he has, and the more tactical he becomes, that we sort of cancel ourselves out Only friendlies I know.

As for Watkins, I've seen a bit, he looks powerful, very direct and has a trick,.always looking to get a shot off.

Josh Mac really is an enigma, that one pass on Sat was beautiful. But he did little else of note and their more direct approach caused all sorts of issues across the middle and at the back.

I've no idea what my starting 11 should be on Sat, worse still i'm very undecided about the skipper - i'm leaning towards Woods at the mo.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
01 August 2016 16:19 Post ID: #37953 - in reply to #37902
Stan Bowles
I suspect Bjellend would have been a shoe-in for skipper this season had he not been injured [again!] Dean isn't in my top two centre halves, therefore making him captain wouldn't be a great idea!
Like post
Like this post
02 August 2016 10:30 Post ID: #37956 - in reply to #37902
I'm going to go for Ryan, I heard that he had knocked on DS's door late last season asking to be played in his favored CM position and to have more responsibility. No issue with that if done the right way, and he's playing like he was heard and understood. So he's my late runner for the armband at least until Bjelland is back.

HD needs to concentrate on his own game and can still be vocal and influential if playing well enough.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (2): 1
Jump to forum: