Brentford Forum - Time To Come Together & Step Up For Our BFC.
Vital Football

Latest Brentford FC News

Brentford Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Martin Allen - "I stripped naked and dived in like Mark Spitz. There was a ruddy great tanker about 100 yards away. I almost had a heart attack"
- (Added by: condorman)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Bolton MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Bentley1%
Yennaris0%
Mepham66%
Bjelland0%
Barbet0%
Woods0%
Mokotjo0%
Jozefzoon33%
Sawyers0%
Watkins0%
Vibe0%
Sub - Canos0%
Sub - Maupay0%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Kentbee4
2.collioure_bee4
3.RebelBee2
4.Spanish Bee1
5.condorman1
6.beerfest1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Time To Come Together & Step Up For Our BFC.
09 August 2016 15:24 Post ID: #37986
So it wasn't the start we'd all hoped for, the squad looks thin and under prepared, and the competition have spent big and really upped their game. Last year I was very critical at what I felt was the self inflicted nature of our situation, and I do stand by much of what i'd said, particularly on recruitment and the role of the 2 DoF's. And yes MB and the club admitted to their mistakes, we hope that we have all learned from them. That said we have to strive to make our way work for us, to keep us competitive, as we cannot start throwing millions at it if we want to have a club to support in the long term.

I've learned a fair bit myself. firstly the obvious, that we are so lucky to have an owner who is one of our own (not a faceless foreign "zillionaire" playing at soccerball). I too realised that the wider football world is mainly against us, far less inquisitive of these foreign "spiv" owners than they are with a man like MB, why is BFC attracting so much negative interest from these people? I learned that modern players are not like us, they don't support the club and are simply employees. Only our owner and us the supporters are stuck with BFC in their veins, everyone else can move on and earn more without a care in the world. This has been reaffirmed by Brentford finally attracting, and then developing players coveted by others, we have to know it, accept it, and save our true adulation for the club and those that can't quit so easily. I've also leaned to try to see the long game, or at least make the bigger judgments on a body of work, not on one performance. Also that we are now going to have to reset our expectations, more towards hopeful intelligent optimism & critique, rather than any entitlement to more success.

In life no big challenges are overcome by standing back and complaining about them. If we start to become complacent about championship life I fear it will be gone before we know it. It is time to get back to what we were 2 seasons ago - roaring home scruffy equalizers against Charlton and Birmingham and then building on this. As the saying goes "a hundred runs scored in singles is still a hundred runs".

Our rivals are spending stupidly, recruiting hard and pushing on, filling their stadiums in the process. With last season out of the way it is now time for everyone in the Bees family to pull together, buy your tickets, bring your mates, get the latest merch and wear your colours. Do whatever you do, but be sure to get to the games as much as you can and make GP properly hostile, give all that you have in support of our team for 90+ minutes. It is exactly what the punters at Huddersfield, Rovrum, Barnsley and many of the other less fancied teams will be doing every single week.

Respect to those that already do this by the way, many do, we all love our beautiful club in our own way, but for those of us that have been a bit flat for a while let's show just how much BFC means to us, starting Saturday.

COYR

Edited by RebelBee 9/8/2016 15:30
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
10 August 2016 11:50 Post ID: #37990 - in reply to #37986
I feel these words even more strongly after last night's defeat, which I kind of expected.

Need to all get behind the club and the team and we'll be OK in the end.

Like post
Like this post
11 August 2016 13:09 Post ID: #37998 - in reply to #37986
Stan Bowles
We've got injury problems and a number of new signings are yet to fully settle. we will improve with what we've got but we really need to add some pace and direct running to the side - to worry opponents, take the game to them and take the pressure off ourselves

Like post
Like this post
12 August 2016 08:16 Post ID: #38002 - in reply to #37986
Can't disagree with any of that Condor, we all know it but recruitment has hit the buffers since the 1st July. Having argued in favour of British type players a year ago, i now feel that a foreign signing or two is exactly what we should be considering. I have to believe that there is quality and value out there and it is our job to find it. If our so called way or plan can so easily be copied or priced out then clearly it isn't as innovative as we believe. Or maybe it is the execution of the plan, finding talent is one part, getting the deals done is another - who knows?

Over half the reams in our division went out i the cup this week, so i wouldn't read so much into that result.

We simply have to find a way to get something from the game tomorrow then things may look different.

COYR

Edited by RebelBee 12/8/2016 08:18
Like post
Like this post
13 August 2016 09:51 Post ID: #38005 - in reply to #37986
Ken Coote
Don't take too much notice of Capital Cup failures, disappointing as they are it often does not set the form for the league, similarly first league game is often a settling in game and in some ways an extension of pre season so nice as it is not to lose at least a defeat is no cause for panic.

Having said that two losses shakes confidence a bit and the less positive supporters start panicking.

Today is a better test and for most the season starts now, the next three games are a good opportunity to get 4 points at least.

The squad seems strong, capable and together but it does feel like we are missing a Jota or Judge type player to create the unexpected.
Like post
Like this post
28 August 2016 17:59 Post ID: #38105 - in reply to #37986
Interesting 1st set of games up to the Internstional break, we've been ok so far but we all know what the problems are & the size of the challenge this season.

MB has done great by us so far and whilst it's right to discuss and criticise performances, tactics etc, I really hope that we can all try to be a bit more understanding and back him to keep us safe. The summer holidays are over & I feel we need to get GP back to being full and rocking every week, we aren't entitled to anything and have to earn it, on and off the pitch. Too much negativity around and a loss of perspective, a little of it is understandable but we have just seen Ipswich, Forest & Wednesday at our place - simply staying competitive amongst these teams this year will be a success in itself. Forget play offs, promotion and all that nonsense & enjoy championship life supporting our wonderful club!

Here's hoping for a couple of new additions in the next days, I can see that we are trying which gives real hope.
Like post
Like this post
29 August 2016 19:42 Post ID: #38110 - in reply to #37986
Stan Bowles
It's going to be a battle but hero's will arise
Like post
Like this post
30 August 2016 05:35 Post ID: #38111 - in reply to #37986
Paul Evans
Who's this heros guy - A tricky winger at Panathinaikos?
Like post
Like this post
30 August 2016 15:00 Post ID: #38118 - in reply to #37986
I see what you did there Spanish.....

Hello Mori, where have you been sir? That bloody GPG again? Anyway you've been missed....
Like post
Like this post
Pages (1):
Jump to forum:
Brentford Fixtures  >>