Brentford Forum - Brighton & Villa
Vital Football

Latest Brentford FC News

Brentford Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: Andy Scott on Mark Wright : "To be honest I’ve probably taken a lot out of that managerial regime and done everything the opposite way and that is why it is working for me and not for him"
- (Added by: condorman)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Bolton MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Bentley1%
Yennaris0%
Mepham66%
Bjelland0%
Barbet0%
Woods0%
Mokotjo0%
Jozefzoon33%
Sawyers0%
Watkins0%
Vibe0%
Sub - Canos0%
Sub - Maupay0%
Vital Football Comment
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Kentbee4
2.collioure_bee4
3.RebelBee2
4.Spanish Bee1
5.condorman1
6.beerfest1
Write for Vital Football
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (2):
Brighton & Villa
05 September 2016 09:41 Post ID: #38150
In the next week Brentford will be running out at 2 very different, yet extremely impressive stadiums. I would guess we'll see 30K crowds for both games, and the bees will be up against it.

Think about that for a minute, we've come a long way.

No criticism implied, but If at times we've become a bit comfortable with life in this division, games like these should be a massive wake up call.

Whatever your thoughts about the team, the coach or anything else these are the games you want to be at - it wasn't so long ago we would have been on the road at Wycombe and Aldershot.

So if you haven't already, go get your tickets and get down to Sussex and have a few beers in the sunshine on Saturday, and then again up to Brum on Wednesday. Show the championship what a good BFC turn out looks and sounds like.

COYR

Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
05 September 2016 19:54 Post ID: #38154 - in reply to #38150
Stan Bowles
Sorry to be a bee in the bonnet so to speak. But I want us to keep being at these places but if we keep weakening the squad we will be back where we were and playing Aldershot and Wycombe.

In years gone by we'd have capitulated at grounds like this. Two years ago we shone. Last year we did ok and this year the first choice team will too. But what's on the bench scares me. Not enough depth and I can only hope for the best.
Like post
Like this post
06 September 2016 09:19 Post ID: #38156 - in reply to #38150
I do get that CB, watching BFC take the piss at places like the Amex, Elland Rd, Pride Park and CC etc was special, maybe never to be repeated. But we are where we are, which hopefully is a half decent side in an incredibly strong division (stronger than 2 years ago imo).

I know you aren't UK based, but I bet if you were you'd be going to the next 2 games. My point is that there is a bit of a comfortable / complacent feeling amongst our support. I've accepted the fact that until we move and possibly even then we will have to recycle half the team each season. There are limits to this however.

To date we've sold 1100 tickets to BHA and 1700 for Villa, I think that this is disappointing and that anyone who can go really should - these are the games you want to be at.
Like post
Like this post
06 September 2016 11:21 Post ID: #38158 - in reply to #38150
Strong armed a few more for BHA - 4 more tickets booked today.

Come on people, we had over a thousand there last season for a Friday night game live on Sky!!!

3K the year before was more like it.
Like post
Like this post
06 September 2016 20:41 Post ID: #38160 - in reply to #38150
Stan Bowles
Disappointing as travel to Villa is free! I would be at every match if I was UK based. I remember walking from Isleworth some weeks because the ticket was all I could afford, or walking into Northampton from Jnctn 15 of M1 after being dropped off (google map that walk - most of it was in dark fields in those days and every noise is a mass murderer creeping up on you lol). Maybe that is where my cynicism comes from. It's Brentford innit/ LOL.

Our small support is getting us the tinpot club batting above our station accusations again. Not sure a move will completely stop this. Honeymoon, novelty period done. It's back to us and the oldies again.....God I hope I am wrong (in some ways I hope not lol).
Like post
Like this post
07 September 2016 08:33 Post ID: #38162 - in reply to #38150
I know you would mate, we've all done it - anything to see the Bees. The 888 free coaches are limited to 8, these were fully booked early doors. Only 400 are going up that way.

We have good support and it goes deeper than many realise, our current problem is complacency and a little apathy, plus cost in many cases (£30 for a BHA ticket!).

I hear that there is a bit of a burst on ticket sales for both games, if we can sell our 1800 allocation to BHA and then get over 2K to Villa Park that would be acceptable imo.

Like post
Like this post
07 September 2016 10:41 Post ID: #38163 - in reply to #38150
BHA thread about ticket sales for Sat - mostly fair enough although to a few we're not a very big draw apparently - yawn....

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?342626-Slow-ticket-sal...

Like post
Like this post
07 September 2016 18:24 Post ID: #38164 - in reply to #38150
Stan Bowles
Shouldn't matter who the opponents are. You go to support your team against anyone........don't you?
Like post
Like this post
08 September 2016 07:51 Post ID: #38166 - in reply to #38150
Agreed although we've got a small few like that now, time as when none of our games were attractive & we managed just fine. BHA have a big stadium to fill, it always leads to a bit of a selling out to floaters.

To the game & looking around forums & checking odds - nobody gives us a squeak. Almost 5-1 for a bees win!
Like post
Like this post
09 September 2016 10:19 Post ID: #38167 - in reply to #38150
As of yesterday 1,400 sold for BHA, 1700 sold for Villa, and 1000 sold for Newcastle in 1 day. Newcastle shaping up as a huge turnout of Bees. We need to at least do our 1800 allocation tomorrow and get another 500 up to Villa imo, still time - pay on the day at both i believe.....
Like post
Like this post
13 September 2016 08:52 Post ID: #38192 - in reply to #38150
So next stop is VP, hopefully a lot of the faces who were missed at the Amex are on board for this one - not sure on ticket sales since the 1700 figure was given but could we get 2000-2500 up there, wouldn't that be something?

If you haven't decided yet, now's the time to make a move and get yourself there - after Saturday's win it's a nothing to lose game, knock off the stadium and what if we nicked something? Our 1st ever win there, you wouldn't want to miss that right?

Looking forward to seeing all the faces tomorrow.

U reds.........
Like post
Like this post
13 September 2016 19:35 Post ID: #38193 - in reply to #38150
Stan Bowles
Saturday kick off would have been sell out in our end. A point would be good so far as I'm concerned when you consider where both were last season and how our history says we buckle at big games. I know we are currently changing that historical trend but I don't want to get too far ahead lol.

Looking forward to this one. A real test of how good we can be.
Like post
Like this post
14 September 2016 10:23 Post ID: #38196 - in reply to #38150
Checking around the Villa forums and blogs and there are a lot of words like "smash" and "annihilate" BFC and references to history. We all have a few dopes but there is a lack of respect shown to smaller clubs by the former giants of the English game - AVFC are not the exception. Fans used to be more knowledgeable, if they bothered they'd see we have history and tradition of our own, we respect them a lot more than they do us.

We may get beat tonight, who knows, but they are in the same division for a reason, and until they get used to it there is every reason to go there with optimism.

Turn it on tonight Bees, and for all that are going let's get right behind them from the 1st to the last minute.
Like post
Like this post
14 September 2016 18:55 Post ID: #38197 - in reply to #38150
Stan Bowles
Pathetic creatures. Probably think football was invented in ninety two Would love to beat them tonight to shut a few of their mouths up.
Like post
Like this post
14 September 2016 19:34 Post ID: #38199 - in reply to #38150
Scott Fitzgerald Snr
I saw one headline like that rebel but to be fair the villa fans acknowledged it was ridiculous in the comments
Like post
Like this post
15 September 2016 09:44 Post ID: #38201 - in reply to #38150
Ken Coote
Quite an effort to get to these two games but glad I did as we have been richly rewarded with two fine performances. Villa Park is a fabulous stadium with a real quality about it for a modernised structure, the place though has the real feel of a fallen giant and the way the place started to evacuate after we had equalised late on made you sense that their fans had seen this so many times in recent years. It was a kind of their " its Villa init" moment....

In truth a point was the least we deserved as we set about retrieving the game in the second half with a composed and purposeful display as they rather surprisingly sat back on their 1-0 lead. On 60 odd minutes they were timewasting and trying slow the game down, always a good sign to me that we have a team on the back foot.

Defensively we were rock solid again and the subs gave us an extra edge that lead to our goal. Woods stand out player on the pitch (again) and I thought Sawyer had a good game, maybe not quite there yet all round but he was a constant threat.

We need to build on this great momentum by beating Preston on Saturday where we will be clear favourites.

Like post
Like this post
15 September 2016 13:31 Post ID: #38204 - in reply to #38150
Just back after after a brilliant 24 hours in Brum.

Report already well covered by Kentbee, we so deserved that late point, probably not quite good enough to take 3 points.

The squad / team are gelling and we have a good side now, my own view is that we are a good left back, and a top midfielder who scores goals, away from being a serious proposition in the division. Nico, Sawyers and Macleod all have many attributes, but need to improve on the weaknesses in their game to take us further forward. Sprinkle a little Pritchard, Canos, Jota or Judge magic into this mix and we'd have come away with a lot more than a point. Thanks god for Egan's goals as we aren't getting any from the midfield area so far.

MOTM contenders for me were Woods, Dean, Egan, Colin - hard to seperate them tbf.

The real stars on the night were our 2K fans though, no moaning just full on loud backing all night long - very memorable and emotional scenes at the end which can be seen on BFC's official twitter feed. Middlesex's finest were all out in force - great to see so many chaps having a blast.

Hi Roman, the complete disregard shown to BFC by some Villa fans and the media was noticeable, other than the really ignorant "pub team" stuff which is out there I met loads of decent AV people up there, but virtually all started the conversation about us with the words "no disrespect" you can add the rest yourselves. The mass media coverage of the game and the Talksh*te show today do not mention us other than in derogatory terms. No interest or idea of our clubs's own history, no clue who plays for us - total laziness and since Warbs left our profile in the media is almost zero - fine by me, we'll keep doing our thing.

Sad because Villa are a great club and that is one of the iconic stadiums in Europe - absolutely beautiful. They need to get over themselves and they'll bounce back - go the other way and it'll be a scenario like Leeds / Forest / Wednesday for them.

2 amazing away days completed and 4 lovely points in the bag. Need to follow up on Saturday now.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (2):
Jump to forum:
Brentford Fixtures  >>