Brentford Forum - Brighton & Villa
Vital Football

Latest Brentford FC News

Brentford Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: "I want to be the first black manager of England" - Leroy Rosenior at fans forum
- (Added by: condorman)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Reading MotM
Suggested By: Site Staff
Bentley12%
Yennaris0%
Mepham55%
Bjelland0%
Barbet0%
Mokotjo22%
Woods0%
Jozefzoon0%
Sawyers0%
Watkins0%
Vibe11%
Sub - Canos0%
Sub - MacLeod0%
Write for Vital Football
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.Kentbee4
2.collioure_bee4
3.RebelBee2
4.Spanish Bee1
5.condorman1
6.beerfest1
The Vital Football Members League
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (2): 1
Brighton & Villa
16 September 2016 10:33 Post ID: #38207 - in reply to #38150
Stan Bowles
Sadly Rebel, I noticed some surprisingly one sided reports from normally respected sports journalists too. The Guardian report just catalogued Villa's attempts on goal and only mentioned our goal. Even the stats show we had more goal attempts and more on-target than them. From the report you would have thought we got battered! Lazy stuff but they probably think they need to pander to the big clubs for more online hits. Money talks even here.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
16 September 2016 15:13 Post ID: #38208 - in reply to #38150
Stan Bowles
Some of the comments I have seen about "How far we've dropped because we are playing Brentford" and how we'd take less than a thousand fans have been ludicrous. Real Bertie Big Bollocks attitude and they are in for a rude awakening.
By far the better side footballing wise, we took the game to them and apart from their number 26 I didn't see much standing out. That said, when they did get in front of goal they were very sharp. Cracking goal well taken. For all our nice approach play, once again we didn't look like scoring, although am reliably informed that Hogan's disallowed goal was onside. Had that stood, we'd have gone on to win that. No doubts in my mind. Wednesday it was the final ball that let us down. Almost every time. Thought the back four were excellent and Dean has really grown into the captain's job. This time last year so many were slagging him off, needlessly I felt. Sawyers was good too. I thought he did a great job linking up in midfield. He gave one hundred percent and you cannot fault that.

Their fans were pretty poor too. No noise. Completely outsung by the "less than a thousand" and the Boring boring Villa chant must have really niggled them.
Like post
Like this post
16 September 2016 16:37 Post ID: #38210 - in reply to #38150
Stan Bowles
Ha ha. Apparently we were the better side because we had an extra days rest. What utter bollocks. Professional footballers not fit enough hahahahaha. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3CIlgv6KVE
Like post
Like this post
17 September 2016 09:21 Post ID: #38211 - in reply to #38150
Good post CB, agree with all of that.

Amazing show of passion & pride at VP from all concerned - the noise we made & scenes at the end will live long in the memory. Players responded too.

Love this club!
Like post
Like this post
Pages (2): 1
Jump to forum:
Brentford Fixtures  >>