Brentford Forum - Worth a win
Vital Football

Latest Brentford FC News

Brentford Football Club News

Vital Football on FacebookVital Football on TwitterVital Football via RSS Feed
Not logged in.
( Login | register | forgotten password )
Random quote: "Where are the doubters now" - Phil Holder at Hounslow Civic Centre
- (Added by: condorman)
Current Poll (see more polls)
Brentford v Sunderland
Suggested By:
Brentford win0%
Sunderland win0%
Draw0%
The Vital Football Members League
Vital Members League Table
RankNamePoints
1.RebelBee2
2.Spanish Bee1
Vital Football Comment
Breaking League News
Jump to forum:
Pages (2): 1
Worth a win
19 September 2017 21:55 Post ID: #39151 - in reply to #39144
Mel Scott
Our worst performance of the season that one tonight, schoolboy error by Mepham to give away a needless penalty and what can you say about our penalty that hits the top tier....

Team looked unbalanced and some poor individual performances. Barbet had his worst game in a Bees shirt, Daniels should have saved the second and I lost count of the number of misplaced passes. Effort, confidence and fluidity just evaporated as the game went on against a strong Norwich side who played well but we let them. No sign of the pressing game we are supposed to be playing.

Some very big games coming up for our season and maybe for Smith.
Like post
Like this post
Top of the page Bottom of the page
20 September 2017 15:49 Post ID: #39154 - in reply to #39123
Paul Evans
Crunch time approaching.
Like post
Like this post
20 September 2017 17:03 Post ID: #39155 - in reply to #39154
The squad is way too inexperienced & thin for the level we're playing at, a blip has been allowed to develop into a slump & a game away from a crisis. DS stumbles on winning & losing formulas & I'm never really sure he knows how or why. That said his limitations have been exposed by those above who've misjudged the tools at his disposal. Maybe the stats have been telling us what we want to hear & actually our plight is more serious. I don't know, and don't really want to see a decent guy lose his job. BUT lose at Bolton & it'll be very hard to defend him. Now would be a good time for the DoF's & hierarchy to show support, but you won't see RA until things look a lot better AWOL as usual!

Worrying but it's been worse as everyone keeps reminding me.

Praying we can keep Bolton out & nick something, far from optimistic though.
Like post
Like this post
20 September 2017 20:16 Post ID: #39156 - in reply to #39123
Stan Bowles
Didn't see the Norwich game so won't comment on the contents. BUT why do we have a left back taking penalties????? What is so wrong with the strikers and forwards they can't be trusted in a one on one from twelve yards where they have the advantage? Doesn't say much for the overall onfidence in them.

To be honest, if the club can't be arsed to put out a strong side, I can't see why I should be arsed with the result. "!rotate the squad" f*** off. We don't have a squad big enough or strong enough to "rotate". Even if injuries are back. We just sold two of our best defenders and a hero that won't be as good elsewhere and didn't replace any of them. We PLAYED A WEAKENED SIDE because we don't care about the cup. So I don't care we lost.

All this talk about sacking Smith is like Brexit. Aiming the blame in the wrong places. If we sack Smith we get another "coach" told who is being bought and sold and who has to make the best of what's left. Smith is doing the best with what he has. I was anti Smith at first, thought his appointment was poor but now see we have a good and decent boss doing the best with what he has.

Want to sack someone? Get shot of that slimy creep who talked our owner out of having a manager with a say, who slimed in Under a door with pointless expressions, and was the start of us sliding. Yes he's found a few gems, but found a few turds too. "We will be stronger at the end of every transfer window. Once again. f*** off. We are weaker every time, grow stronger then get weaker.

If we don't win at Bolton on Saturday, the worst side in the division by a long way. Blame the system. Not the boss, not the players, but an over reliance on letting slimy bastards make a simple game complicated.
Like post
Like this post
22 September 2017 20:51 Post ID: #39159 - in reply to #39156
Good post CB, football without emotion is just plain old business!

Still feel that the deadline day sales have been a kick in the plums, and we haven't got over it yet. In time we will & the sales will make sense.

Need a morale booster tomorrow, we've not won there in a while so why not.

Otherwise I fear for DS & for the rest of our season.

Coyr
Like post
Like this post
23 September 2017 10:36 Post ID: #39161 - in reply to #39123
Stan Bowles
Good point, Bolton could well be the day that decides how the rest of the season goes. A win, especially a good one, could be the kickstart we need, but defeat and the slump is going on a bit too long to be a blip, however well we are playing.
Like post
Like this post
24 September 2017 08:08 Post ID: #39164 - in reply to #39123
Mel Scott
Sounds like we finally got the win out football has deserved. Three cracking goals it seems, we just don't do ugly when it comes to performances.

Onto Tuesday which should be a good night under the floodlights, our recent form against Derby ain't bad. Another win and we will gazing upwards at the table not down.
Like post
Like this post
24 September 2017 09:43 Post ID: #39165 - in reply to #39123
Michael Dobson
Onwards and upwards
Like post
Like this post
25 September 2017 10:46 Post ID: #39169 - in reply to #39123
Paul Evans
Fine margins in football. They were all over us for twenty minutes, hit the post and missed a sitter. If they had gone in people would be screamimg for DS's head. Might be a new tactic, bring Barbet on after first half an hour?
Like post
Like this post
27 September 2017 09:03 Post ID: #39175 - in reply to #39169
Mel Scott
Same again last night as for most of this season so far. Apart from the first 15 minutes we totally dominated the game. Thankfully we got a point at the end but I can't recall a more one sided game.

Derby were a disgrace, cynical tackling and time wasting from 15 minutes. They came with one objective, to stop us playing.
Like post
Like this post
Pages (2): 1
Jump to forum: